Sunday, March 18, 2012

In My Mailbox (5)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie.

I usually go crazy whenever I put myself to a book buying band. I guess it didn't last long. It doesn't help much that my local bookstore has been having huge sales for a while now.

For Review




Between Gears by Natalie Nourigat
Mumsi Meets a Lion by Kimberly Y. Stegall (Amazon Link)

Bought



Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
I'm collecting all of her books.
Savvy by Ingrid Law
I'm been wanting to read this for a while since it was a Newbery honor. I was glad to find it cheap in the bookstore.
Middle School, the Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson, Chris Tebbetts and Laura Park

I'm not a really big fan of James Patterson, but Middle School sounds really funny. 

Dancing Jax (Dancing Jax #1) by Robin Jarvis
I've never heard of Dancing Jax. It has such a creepy cover and an intriguing premise. besides it was cheap, so I got it. 

The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee

The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell

Storyteller: The Life of Roald Dahl by Donald Sturrock
As a fan of Roald Dahl, I couldn't resist. It's an authorized biography so that's always a good think. I'm not a big fan of unauthorized bios.


61 Hours (Jack Reacher #14) by Lee Child
I've been meaning to check out this series. I got 2 so far: Die Trying (book 2) and Worth Dying  For (book 15). You don't have to start at book one with this series. You can started it from anywhere among the 15 titles that are currently released with the exception of books 14 & 15. According to my friend who's a fan of the series, those two books are direct sequels, so I had to get 61 Hours (book 14) so I could read Worth Dying For which I already own.
Last Night in Twisted River by John Irving
I really felt the need to try a book by John Irving, so I was glad I found this.

A Place Called Here by Cecelia Ahern
Sounds like a cute read. "Sometimes it takes losing everything to truly find yourself." when I read that line on the back of the book,  I had to have it. I'm also considering to collect Ahern's books.

What did you get this week?

5 comments:

  1. Great haul this week! Hope that you enjoy reading all your books, and thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remarkable Creatures looks pretty cool. Hope you enjoy them all!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savvy is one I have wanted to pick up numerous times as well. I hope you enjoy all your reads:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a lot of new ones here for me to check out!! Awesome haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete