Monday, March 5, 2012

Adaptation Releases: Salmon Fishing in the Yemen


We only have one movie to talk about this week.

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen




Based On: Salmon Fishing In The Yemen by Paul Torday
Directed by: Lasse Hallström (Other movies include Chocolat and Dear John)
Screenplay Written by: Simon Beaufoy (Other works include 127 Hours and Slumdog Millionaire)
Stars: Ewan McGregor, Emily Blunt and Amr Waked
Release Date: March 9, 2012

A fisheries expert is approached by a consultant to help realize a sheik's vision of bringing the sport of fly-fishing to the desert and embarks on an upstream journey of faith and fish to prove the impossible possible.
This looks like a sweet novel, even though I'm still not sure about the way it portrays Arabs though. I'm judging from the trailer. I haven't see the movie yet. I do however love Emily Blunt so I'm checking this movie out sometime. Besides, it does look really good. The concept is interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment