Sunday, March 18, 2012

Adaptation Releases: The Hunger Games, The Deep Blue Sea

In this feature, I highlight the book-to-movie adaptations that are being released each week.

The Hunger Games


Based On: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Directed by: Gary Ross (best known for directing Seabiscuit)
Screenplay Written by: Gary Ross and Suzanne Collins (also author of The Hunger Games)
Stars: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth
Rating: PG-13  
Release Date: March 23, 2012
Set in a future where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television, Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister's place for the latest match.
We all know it. We all have been waiting for it. I can't tell you how excited I am for this movie! I've been waiting for it since last year. So far, I like everything I saw. I heard some people say they wish they didn't see the clips because they spoil the surprise. I think that's true for those who haven't read the books. For me, I had no problems watching them because I already know what happens.

Every trailer and TV spot made me only excited and they couldn't have cast a better actress to play Katniss. Jennifer Lawrence embodies the character perfectly and I can't wait to see her in the movie. I'm rereading the first book right now, so I should have a review of it soon. I'm also gonna review the movie depends on when it's going to be released here. I'm guessing the beginning of April, but I hope it's sooner. I'll be looking forward to it.

And since I'm sure you all saw the trailer, I'll put the latest TV spot that has been released this week. You should check it out. It's awesome!


-----------------------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea



Based On: The Deep Blue Sea by Terence Rattigan (play)

Directed by: Terence Davies (also directed The House of Mirth)

Screenplay Written by: Terence Davies
Stars: Rachel Weisz, Tom Hiddleston and Ann Mitchell Hemsworth
Rating: R
Release Date: March 23, 2012
The wife of a British Judge is caught in a self-destructive love affair with a Royal Air Force pilot.
This movie was released back in 2011, but according to IMDb, it will open in NYC and LA this weekend. As a person interested in the process of plays moving to the big screen, I want to check this out. I like to see how something that's meant to be a stage play can work on screen. Maybe after I read the play first.




Are you as excited for The Hunger Games as I am? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment