Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish for those who love doing lists.
If I would recommend something for non-readers, it would be something fun and simple. I'd choose something would appeal to both boys and girls.
1. Harry Potter: With a such fun writing style, and an addictive story line, these books would charm anyone that doesn't like reading that much. Youtube's JeremyJahns is a good example. He doesn't like reading, but he loves these books.
2. Percy Jackson: This series has the same appeal as Harry Potter. I think boys would find this especially charming.
3. The Fault in Our Stars: Or any John Green books really.
4. Ella Enchanted: This is more for girls. I think a retelling is good way to go for non-readers.
5. The Princess Bride: This story is so charming that you can't help but love it.
6. The Mediator: If you want an author with a writing style that's fun and down to earth, Meg Cabot would be a good choice. According to fans, The Mediator series is her best.
7. Uglies: A dystopian series that is as appealing as the Hunger Games. Many people would recommend THG anyway.
8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: These make me laugh hard. My sister started reading thanks to these books.
9. Hugo: I love the book and the movie. An easy read, great story and outstanding illustrations.
10. The Graveyard Book: Jungle Book, but with ghosts. Who wouldn't be intrigued?
What do you recommend for non-readers? If you have a list of your own, let me know.