Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books For Non-Readers


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish for those who love doing lists.



If I would recommend something for non-readers, it would be something fun and simple. I'd choose something would appeal to both boys and girls.


1. Harry Potter: With a such fun writing style, and an addictive story line, these books would charm anyone that doesn't like reading that much. Youtube's JeremyJahns is a good example. He doesn't like reading, but he loves these books.

2. Percy Jackson: This series has the same appeal as Harry Potter. I think boys would find this especially charming.

3. The Fault in Our Stars: Or any John Green books really.

4. Ella Enchanted: This is more for girls. I think a retelling is good way to go for non-readers.

5. The Princess Bride: This story is so charming that you can't help but love it.

6. The Mediator: If you want an author with a writing style that's fun and down to earth, Meg Cabot would be a good choice. According to fans, The Mediator series is her best.

7. Uglies: A dystopian series that is as appealing as the Hunger Games. Many people would recommend THG anyway.

8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: These make me laugh hard. My sister started reading thanks to these books.

9. Hugo: I love the book and the movie. An easy read, great story and outstanding illustrations.

10. The Graveyard Book: Jungle Book, but with ghosts. Who wouldn't be intrigued?

What do you recommend for non-readers? If you have a list of your own, let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I have The Uglies is on my list too, I have gotten a non-reader to fall in love with it.

    Like to visit my Top Ten? http://epiphanyrenee.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-ten-books-youd-hand-to-someone-who.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I love giving Percy to people. Uglies is one of my favorite books and it is an awesome pick for a reluctant reader. Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-Pd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. Yay for HP! Currently listening to the audio books of Percy Jackson series. Ella Enchanted is so cute and would be a good recommend for the reluctant younger girl.

    Thanks for stopping by my Top10(or 3 in my case)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella Enchanted! YES!!!!! I love all of Gale Carson Levine's books! She is so amazing!! ELLA is one of my very favorite books! SOOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete